NEW TESTAMENT TITHES
Act 2:44-47 KJV
(44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
(45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
(46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
(47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
Act 4:32-37 KJV
(32) And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
(33) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
(34) Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
(35) And laid them down at the apostles’ feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
(36) And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
(37) Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet.
The scriptures about show us how we are to think pertaining to giving. We are not to give to the rich, or to a preacher, or to a church, but when we see a need we are to supply that need weather it be for food, clothing, or anything else the Lord would show you is a need in a persons life.
Jesus said, in Matthew 25:31-46, that as often as you have done it to the least of one of these my brethren, you have done it unto me. Jesus has placed Himself in all creation., when we see a poor person, we are to see Jesus. When we see a widow, we are to see Jesus in that widow. When we see a fatrherless child, we are to see that fatherless child as a part of Jesus’ body!
There ae alot of scriptures that tell us what God’s will is in giving to the poor, widows, and fatherless.
Exo 22:22 KJV
(22) Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
Deu 10:14-19 KJV
(14) Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD’S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.
(15) Only the LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day.
(16) Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
(17) For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
(18) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.
(19) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deu 24:17-22 KJV
(17) Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of the stranger, nor of the fatherless; nor take a widow’s raiment to pledge:
(18) But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.
(19) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
(20) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(21) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(22) And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt: therefore I command thee to do this thing.
Pro 14:31 KJV
(31) He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.
Pro 22:16 KJV
(16) He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.
Pro 28:8 KJV
(8) He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
Pro 28:27 KJV
(27) He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
Pro 29:7 KJV
(7) The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.
Pro 30:14 KJV
(14) There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.
Isa 58:6-14 KJV
(6) Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
(7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
(8) Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
(9) Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
(10) And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
(11) And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
(12) And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
(13) If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
(14) Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Psa 82:1-8 KJV
(1) A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
(2) How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
(3) Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
(4) Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
(5) They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
(6) I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
(7) But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
(8) Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.