IF YOU’RE A SINNER-
YOU’RE A BASTARD!
The definition of a bastard according to the dictionary is- A person born of parents not married to each other: an illegitimate child; anything spurious, inferior, or varying from standard.
A bastard is not truly the designated thing, but that closely resembles it; not genuine, a sham, inferior.
Spurious- not genuine, false, counterfeit or like in appearance, but unlike in structure, or function.
This is what man says a bastard is, but what does God say, in His Word, a bastard is?
Heb 12:8 KJV
(8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Why do we need chastisement?
We need chastisement because we are not like God, but He wants us to be. We were born sinners, or, it is not in us to be like God in our actions. We have a nature in us that wants to be God, but we do not want to be told how to do it. We are in darkness, not Light.Only through Jesus Christ, the “door” can we be like God our Creator.
What is chastisement?
To chasten- To punish in order to correct or make better. To make pure in style, or define.
To chastise- to scold or condemn sharply.
Why does God need to chastise us?
Because we are not Holy, or Righteous.
What makes us Holy and Righteous?
Joh 8:31-32 KJV
(31) Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
(32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
It is believing the Word of God and doing it, that makes us Holy and Righteous.
Free from what?
Our sin nature.
Eph 4:17-19 KJV
(17) This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
(18) Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
(19) Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 2:1-3 KJV
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, (Satan!) the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
2Co 4:1-10 KJV
(1) Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
(2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world(Satan!)hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.
(6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
(7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
(8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
(9) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
2Ti 2:22-26 KJV
(22) Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
(23) But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
(24) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
(25) In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
(26) And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
Eph 6:10-12 KJV
(10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
(11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
(12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Who is Jesus Christ?
Act 20:28 KJV
(27) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
(Or, Jesus Christ “is”-The Holy Ghost!)
Joh 1:1-6 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(4) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
(Jesus Christ “is” The Word Of God! He is also “Light”! He is also “life”!)
What was the purpose in God sending His Son into the world?
To let the world know what true love is.
Who is God?
1Jn 4:7-14 KJV
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
(10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
(12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
(13) Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
(13) And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
Joh 4:19-26 KJV
(19) The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
(20) Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
(21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
(22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(25) The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
(26) Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
(God is a Spirit!)
(If God is Love, and He is a Spirit, He “is” the Spirit of Love that works according to His Word!)