I have said, Ye Are gods, but you shall die like men.
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
The reason that we must hate our family, friends, and ourselves are if we allow anything between God and His ways, we are committing idolatry in God’s eyes. The things we love must be put on the alter of God so we will not worship them.
What is life? It is not only being happy and full of joy and peace, but, it is “knowing” what not to partake of. Life is light. Life is not darkness, but knows what darkness is. What is darkness? a place where you cannot see. If you are in darkness you are not in life, but in death and the curse of the law of Moses. What is sin? Sin is breaking God’s laws. The wages of sin is death and darkness, or not living in life. Life is not subject to death because there is no darkness in Light. Light is many times stronger than darkness. If you walk into a dark room and turn on a light, darkness flees. When the Sun goes down, it gets dark. When the sun comes up it gets Light.
The ways of God are like electricity, gravity, or fire. They are there weather we know what they will do to you or not. If you touch an electric live wire, it will send an electric shock through your body. If you jump off a cliff, there will be a sudden stop when you hit the ground. If you touch a log burning, it will burn you. The same is true with the law of God, if you steal from a man, the law of God requires a punishment for the crime, or if you stole a dollar, to make it right, God requires you to repay to the person you stole it from four times, some times more, some times less, what you stole from that person. If you will not repay what God requires, God will make you pay through bringing on you bad things to happen in your life, and in your families life. If you die and have not made it right, your family inherits your debt spiritually. This law also applies to the law of sowing and reaping. If you sow a grain of corn, you will reap many grains of corn more than you sowed. This is one side of sowing and reaping. There is another side of sowing and reaping which is the negative side of sowing and reaping, which if you sow one bad deed, you will reap as many as the good ear of corn. Have you ever noticed a person who has been hurt by a person who was support to love them? They received a spirit of hurt, but everyone they meet receives the same thing they were hurt by. The person that sowed that hurt is one grain of corn, but the harvest that is affected is many people being affected by one person hurting another person, or many grains of corn.
God multiplies weather it be good, or bad. Weather it be on earth, or in Heaven. Multiplying is one of the two laws that God has to honor to prove that He cannot lie. By being the one who multiplies he will multiply, and being the one that blesses, He will bless. It tells us that if we “add to” God’s Word, He will add to the plagues in our life. If we take away, from His word, He will take our name out of His book of life. Life is only found in God’s Word. If you take away from God’s word, you have lost a part of “life” that you need to complete the “way”! The taking away of the Word of God from your spirit man cannot be replaced because of your closed mind. Unbelief is one of the greatest sins we can commit against God and ourselves. If the foundations be destroyed, what will the righteous do? The foundations are in the word of God. There are many things that make up the foundation of a building, but if you have built your house on sand, or a combination of rock and sand, the building as a whole will fall because of the sand. The foundation must be all rock to stand strong.
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. We are born sinners because of what Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden with a nature in us that has been built by Satan to be a god unto ourselves. We must allow God to un-teach us and tear down what Satan has built in us and let God rebuilt us into the New Man, Christ, who walks in righteousness and true holiness through the Holy Ghost.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; “and the life was the light of men”.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
It also tells us that if we believe on Him, or have faith in Him and receive Him, He, Jesus Christ ,”the Word” of the living God made flesh, would give us power, (through the Holy Ghost) to become a son of God, but only if we believe and do “all” that God has told us.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
What we are told in this passage of scripture is that the Word of God was made flesh, or, the mind of God was made flesh, or, what God “is” and “believes” was put into a human body. That human bodies name is Jesus Christ. The Word of God in Christ Jesus “is the way”, the (Spirit) of truth, and the (Spirit) of life, or the Spirit of God Himself. What is ever lasting Life?
King James Version (KJV)
17 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, (Eternal Life!) that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me “with thine own self” (Love) with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
It also tells us that if we believe on Him, or have faith in Him and receive Him, He, Jesus Christ ,”the Word” of the living God, would give us power, (through the Holy Ghost) to become a son of God, but only if we believe all that God has told us.
King James Version (KJV)
2 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be “likeminded”, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
The creative power of God has been placed in us to create after our own kind. When we speak out of our fallen Adam nature, we create darkness out of our heart. Out of our mouth comes adultery, fornication, evil speaking, guile, malice, envies, etc. Our mind and heart are evil because of the things Satan has caused us to conceive in our mind. There are three things that Satan feeds in our fallen state. The lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. If there were not a Satan to temp us, sin could not conceive. All these things stop us from being humble and servants to God and our fellow man.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (Eternal Life!)
Christ has tasted death for every person born into this world. If we believe that and go on and take off the old man of sin, and put-on the new man of holiness and righteousness, we will not have to die. The thing that raised Christ from the dead was righteousness. If we believe in Christ Jesus, and do what He tells us too, we will not have to taste death ourselves because of the righteousness in us.
In the scripture below it tells us about death, sin, and the law in us. The sting of death is sin. The strength of sin is the law of Moses. When ever we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, and go through the baptism of fire, we become dead in Christ, but raised in the newness of life through Him. Christ’s life is lived through us if we are born again of the Spirit of the Father, where we do not, and cannot sin because we has been born again by the Spirit of the Father. We must be born again by the Spirit of the Father to have eternal life in our bodies that we now live in.
1Co 15:56 KJV
(56) The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
Rom 8:9-13 KJV
(9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the “pirit of God”dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
(10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (The Spirit of God the Father, LOVE!)
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:1-4 KJV
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (What is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus?
Gal 5:22-26 KJV
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
(24) And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
(25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(26) Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
(3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 Peter 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as “his divine power” hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, (How!) through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For “if these things be in you, and abound,” they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (The lust is in us through our fallen nature, but we are enticed by Satan.)
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
2Co 4:1-18 KJV
(1) Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
(2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world (Satan!) has blinded the minds of them that believe not, less the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.
(6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
(7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
(8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
(9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
(10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
(11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, “that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh”.
(12) So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
(13) We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
(14) Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
(15) For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
(16) For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
(17) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
(18) While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
We were ordained to be to be sons of God and the power of God is to be operating in all our lives. If we believe, or have the faith of God our Father, we will manifest the power of God through our life, but if we choose not to believe, we will die like me, powerless!
Psa 82:1-8 KJV
(1) A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
(2) How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
(3) Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
(4) Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
(5) They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
(6) I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
(7) But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
(8) Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.