HOW OUR BODIES HANDLE SIN AND HOLINESS!
Rom 12:1-2 KJV
(1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
(2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Eph 4:17-19 KJV
(17) This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
(18) Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
(19) Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 2:2-3 KJV
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Rom 3:23 KJV
(23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (The Glory of God is Jesus Christ!)
Rom 6:23 KJV
(23) For the wages of sin is death; (Or, the wages of sin is the curse of the law! Deuteronomy 28 & Leviticus 19) but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ (The Word of God!) our Lord.
Eph 1:17-21 KJV
(17) That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
(18) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
(19) And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
(20) Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
(20) Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 4:21-24 KJV
(21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Col 1:21-23 KJV
(21) And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
(22) In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
(23) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Col 3:9-10 KJV
(9) Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
(10) And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Jas 1:13-16 KJV
(13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
(14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (Enticed in his mind by Satan!)
(15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
(16) Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Hos 4:6 KJV
(5) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Pro 15:28 KJV
(28) The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
Pro 15:26 KJV
(25) The thoughts of the wicked (Or,the thoughts of the sinner) are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.
Pro 16:3 KJV
(3) Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
In the beginning God created man in His own image. In the garden of Eden man walked with God until Adam and Eve was tempted by Satan. When Adam and Eve gave in to the temptation of Satan, they did not know by believing the lie of Satan that they would lose their relationship with God their creator. God knew that Adam and Eve would give in to the lie of Satan because God knew that Adam and Eve did not have the knowledge in them to resist Satan’s lie. They were carnal and did not know anything about spiritual warfare in their minds. All they had was blind faith. They were naked spiritually and did not have the armor of God on to discern good from evil. They did not even know what death was, it had never happened around them yet. When God said, in the day that you sin you shall surety die, they did not understand what death was, only that God had said, you shall surety die. How was it possible for them to fall? Adam and Eve did not have any understanding about themselves and God. Adam and Eve did not know that in them was a sin nature that was controlling them by their lust and pride. The temptation that Satan set before them fed all three of their of the things in them that would separate them from God. The lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. These three things sperate all of us from God and Jesus Christ. Adam and Eve failed when they were tempted with these temptations, but Jesus was able to answer Satan on all three of these questions and resist Satan’s attack. These three temptations we all are tempted with every second of every day. If we never learn to discern Satan’s attacks in our mind, we will give in like Adam and Eve did. The beauiful thing about what Jesus did for us was, if we fail, we can ask confess that we failed, and start over again, and do it till we get it right. Before Jesus Came, under the law, we only had one chance to get it right, but after Jesus came we can do it till we get it right. In the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve, because of their nature, had a rebellious spirit in them that put the desire to be gods in them. When they gave in to Satan’s lie, they received a demon spirit that controlled them that they could not get rid of. When we give into Satan’s lies, we also allow evil spirits to come into us the same way.
Eph 2:2 KJV
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, “the spirit” that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 6:11-12 KJV
(11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
(11) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Evil spirits, demons!)
One thing we haven’t said is, we were born sinners. Even the smallest baby is a sinner by nature because of the sin of Adam and Eve.
Joh 3:18-19 KJV
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned “already”, because he hath not believed in “the name” of the only begotten Son of God.
(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, (The Life of Jesus Christ!) and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
In every person born into the world, each person has two bodies, one body natural, the other body spiritual.
1Co 15:44 KJV
(44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
Man does not know how his body was created. He does not know how evil spirits control our thoughts. He does not know what effect evil spirits have on our brain. Our brain is the thing that connects us to the spiritual world.
Our brain controls all of our glands and organs. When we are our of God’s will, our brain sends the wrong signals to our glands and organs. This is way we have birth defects, mental illness and afflictions in our life. This is why we die, because our body does not work right. When people get sick and cry out to the Lord, when they change their mind, a lot of times they get healed. There is an order to God’s plan and the curse causeless shall not come.
Pro 26:2 KJV
(2) As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
This is why God tells us in Deuteronomy 28
Deu 28:1-68 KJV
(1) And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
(2) And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
(3) Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
(4) Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
(5) Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
(6) Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
(7) The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
(8) The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
(9) The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
(10) And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.
(11) And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
(12) The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
(13) And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
(14) And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
(15) But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
(16) Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
(17) Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
(18) Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
(19) Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
(20) The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
(21) The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
(22) The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
(23) And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
(24) The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
(25) The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
(26) And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.
(27) The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
(28) The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
(29) And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
(30) Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.
(31) Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.
(32) Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.
(33) The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:
(34) So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
(35) The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
(36) The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
(37) And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.
(38) Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
(39) Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.
(40) Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint thyself with the oil; for thine olive shall cast his fruit.
(41) Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.
(42) All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.
(43) The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low.
(44) He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.
(45) Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
(46) And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.
(47) Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
(48) Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
(49) The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
(50) A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:
(51) And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.
(52) And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
(53) And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
(54) So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
(55) So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
(56) The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
(57) And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
(58) If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;
(59) Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
(60) Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
(61) Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
(62) And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.
(63) And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
(64) And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
(65) And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
(66) And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
(67) In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
(68) And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.
Also in Leviticus 19 God deals with us in “sevens”.
Lev 19:1-37 KJV
(1) And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
(2) Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.
(3) Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.
(4) Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.
(5) And if ye offer a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the LORD, ye shall offer it at your own will.
(6) It shall be eaten the same day ye offer it, and on the morrow: and if ought remain until the third day, it shall be burnt in the fire.
(7) And if it be eaten at all on the third day, it is abominable; it shall not be accepted.
(8) Therefore every one that eateth it shall bear his iniquity, because he hath profaned the hallowed thing of the LORD: and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
(9) And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.
(10) And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God.
(11) Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
(12) And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
(13) Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
(14) Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.
(15) Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
(16) Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
(17) Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
(18) Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
(19) Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.
(20) And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.
(21) And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering.
(22) And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him.
(23) And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall it be as uncircumcised unto you: it shall not be eaten of.
(24) But in the fourth year all the fruit thereof shall be holy to praise the LORD withal.
(25) And in the fifth year shall ye eat of the fruit thereof, that it may yield unto you the increase thereof: I am the LORD your God.
(26) Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.
(27) Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
(28) Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
(29) Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.
(30) Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
(31) Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
(32) Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.
(33) And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
(34) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
(35) Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
(36) Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
(37) Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the LORD.