Why Small Businesses Fail in America!
The free enterprise system as we know it is stacked against the small businessperson. Have you ever wondered why Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sears Roebuck, and others have made it in”Big Business’? The answer is these big companies have cut a deal with manufacturers. Here’s how it works, example. I, a small businessman, want to buy a manufacturers produce, say a T.V. model # 0001. I can afford to buy ten TVs for my small T. V. and Appliance store. My cost for Model # 0001 is $59.00 wholesale price with a retail price of 129.95. Now here’s where the problem lies.
I now am the buyer for the “Big Store”. The “Big Store” cuts a deal with the manufacturer to buy 10,000 Model #0001 TVs at $30.00 each wholesale price with a retail price of $129.95.
I, the small businessman, receive my ten TVs and set them on the shelf at 129.95, on sale for $99.95. If I sell one T.V. at $99.95, I make $40.95 on the T.V.
The “Big Store” receives their T.V. sets and sets them on their shelf for $129.95 retail prices, with a sale price of $89.95. The “Big Store” makes 59.95 on their Model #0001 T. V. where I, the small businessman make $40.95 on mine!
The customer has shopped around for TV’s Model #0001, and has been to the “Big Store” and saw that the “Big Store” has theirs on sale for $89.95. He comes into my store and sees my Model #0001 is $99.95, ten dollars higher then the “Big Stores”. He thinks in his mind, this guy is ripping me off; the “Big Store” has the same T. V. for ten dollars less! The customer doesn’t know that the “Big Store” only gave $30.00 wholesale for his T.V., and I had to give $59.00 wholesale for my T.V., which is, double what the “Big Store” had to give.
The American people have accepted the fact that it’s O.K. to get ripped off. I work at a paint store where there are painters who come in and buy paint to paint houses with. I can be helping a painter, and he buys a gallon of ceiling paint. The cost to him is $22.00. A homeowner comes in and stands behind him and wants the same gallon of paint. The painter pays for his paint, and then the homeowner asks for the same type of paint that the painter had ordered. When the homeowner pays for his paint he has to pay $32.00 a gallon for his. The Homeowner asks, why is my paint higher? The answer is, He’s a painter, he gets his wholesale. The homeowner turns and walks out. He’s mad in his mind, but he thinks, there’s nothing I can do about it. What should have been the case was the paint should have been the same price to both the painter and the homeowner. The fact is the painter is in business to paint the house, not sell paint. The painter should get paid to paint the house, not buy the paint at wholesale and mark it up to retail to sell to the homeowner at a profit and get paid to paint the house too.
Our government has let us down in not regulating the system to insure that this does not happen. We have a bill of rights that states. “A government of the people, by the people, and for the people”. It’s not working out to be that way!
The Word of God tells us that we are not to have in our bag an unjust weight or measure in our bag.
Deu 25:13-16 KJV
(13) Thou shalt not have in thy bag divers weights, a great and a small.
(14) Thou shalt not have in thine house divers measures, a great and a small.
(15) But thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just measure shalt thou have: that thy days may be lengthened in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
(16) For all that do such things, and all that do unrighteously, are an abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Lev 19:35-37 KJV
(35) Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
(36) Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
(37) Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the LORD.
Lev 19:15 KJV
(15) Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
Lev 19:18 KJV
(17) Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
Mat 25:31-46 KJV
(31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
(32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
(33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
(41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
(42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
(43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
(44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
(45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
(46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Jesus tells us in this scripture that whenever we cheat someone or do something wrong to someone, we are doing it to him. Whenever a government allows laws to be passed that oppress the people, when the people cry out to God because of the wrong that is done, God will hear the cry of the people and bring justice to the oppressed. You can take that to the bank!