Lies Are Just As Important To God As the Truth!
In the big picture, God is the creator of all things, seen and unseen, good and bad. The Old Testament people were not given understanding in spiritual things as us in New Testament, but were blinded by God to the total revelation of His plan and how it works. Their purpose was to show us what unbelief was and what faith was. God spoke to both groups, but there was only a small group that God allowed to believe. This group was given faith to belief by God Himself, the rest were left in unbelief. All that they lived through are examples to us today that we might learn from their mistakes and also to warn us of what Satan has been given the right to do by God the Father, to us if we choose not to follow Jesus Christ’s example in our life.
God spoke to them in Old Testament out of the Cloud and pillar of fire and by His prophets, but has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, Jesus Christ, his Word.
Heb 1:1-2 KJV
(1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
(2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Rom 13:1 KJV
(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is “no power but of God”: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 11:36 KJV
(36) For of him, and through him, and to him, are “all things”: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Heb 2:10 KJV
(10) For it became him, “for whom are all things”, “and by whom are all things”, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
(The word “all” in these scriptures means everything created, which also includes Satan, the Devil and his demons!)
God only reveals truth to the pure in heart, but if you do not have a pure heart, God allows you to believe a lie. God says to us, I set before you this day life and death, blessings and curses, you choose. We all are led by a voice in our head, but if we have not proved truth, it means that you have not proven the lie to be a lie either! The wisdom of the world has a little god ruling it, his name is Nebo the god of learning and letters. He is the god of Babylon, confusion! God says to us,
1Co 3:18-20 KJV
(18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise “in this world”, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
(19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
(20) And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
Deu 30:19-20 KJV
(19) I call heaven and earth to record (record, to be a witness) this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: “therefore choose life”, that both thou (you) and thy (Your) seed may live: (Seed is your children, grand children, and great grand children!)
(20) That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he (The Lord) is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
Everyone born into this world is born subject to the curse of the Old Testament and under the law of Moses, born spirituality naked without any spiritual armor on.
We do not put on our armor just by saying so, but the armor of God is put on by doing the commandments of Jesus Christ, along with prayer and fasting.
Joh 3:18-19 KJV
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is “condemned already’, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, (The life of Jesus Christ!) and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (We have a sin nature created by Satan!)
In the book of 2Thessalonians chapter two, we are told that if we choose to not believe what God has said, He would allow us to believe a lie.
2Th 2:1-17 KJV
(This is not Satan, but is the creation that Satan has made in us, His name is “Wicked”, the old man of sin in every person born into this world.)
2Th 2:1-9 KJV
(1) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
(2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. (The day of Christ is not in the future, but it comes into every persons life at an appointed time.)
(2) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (The old man of sin in us!)
(4) Who opposeth and “exalteth himself” above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he “as God” sitteth in the temple of God, “shewing himself that he is God”. (The temple here is our body!)
(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
(6) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
(7) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
(8) And then shall that “Wicked” be revealed, (The Old man of sin in us!) whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 KJV
(9) Even him, whose coming is “after the working of Satan” with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(This is not Satan, but is the creation that Satan has made in us, His name is “Wicked”, the old man of sin, the son of perdition (Or, destruction), in every person born into this world.)
(10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; “because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved”. (The gospel of Christ!)
(11) And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(12) That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(13) But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,
“because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth”:
(14) Whereunto he called you by “our gospel”, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(The gospel of Jesus Christ can only be revealed to you by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost.)
Zec 4:6 KJV
(6) Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.)
(15) Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
(16) Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
(17) Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
This tells us that God wants us to be righteous and holy like He is. Our nature stops us from being like God and without God giving us what we need to overcome Satan and the world, we will be cast into outer darkness because of the chose that we have made.
God tells us to seek out our own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:12-17 KJV
(12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
(13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
(14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
(15) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
(16) Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
If I allow other people to tell me what God has said, and it is not true, God holds me accountable for what I chose to believe, even if it’s a lie, or wrong. This is part of why Jesus died that He might be our teacher.
1Jn 2:18-29 KJV
(18) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
(19) They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
(20) But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. (The unction is the Holy Ghost in you, if you have the Holy Ghost!)
(21) I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
(22) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
(23) Whosoever denieth the Son, (The Word of God) the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
(24) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
(Who is the Son, but the Holy Ghost!)
Act 20:28 KJV
(28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, “which he hath purchased with his own blood”.
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
(26) These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
(27) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
(28) And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
(29) If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
In the book of Matthew Jesus tells us about the way, of not only the truth, but also the way of destruction.
Mat 7:13-29 KJV
(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
(14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
(25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
(26) And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
(27) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
(28) And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
(29) For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
This scripture tells us that very few will make it into the Kingdom of God, the rest will have their place in the lake of fire with the Devil. The parable of the marriage supper of the Lamb shows us a picture of God fining a person there without a wedding garment on. The wedding garment is righteous according to Revelation 19.
Rev 19:7-8 KJV
(7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
(8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Mat 22:1-14 KJV
(1) And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
(2) The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
(3) And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
(4) Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
(5) But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
(6) And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
(7) But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
(8) Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. (Old Testament people)
(9) Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. (New Testament people)
(10) So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
(11) And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
(12) And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
(13) Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(14) For many are called, but few are chosen.
What Jesus did for us was for the purpose of us becoming a son of God without sin as the Father is. Being able to walk in the Love of the Father. We will no longer be led by our Old Nature, but only be led by the Spirit of God, and we will sin no more. Jesus told Nicodemus you must be born again of the Holy Ghost, born again of the Son, and born again of the Spirit of the Father to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Joh 1:12-13 KJV
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he “power to become the sons of God”, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 3:1-5 KJV
(1) There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
(2) The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
(3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot “see” the kingdom of God. (Born again number 1)
(5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (Born again #2) and of the Spirit, (Born again #3) he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
1Jn 3:1-11 KJV
(1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
(2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
(3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
(4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: “for sin is the transgression of the law”. (What law? The law of Moses!)
(5) And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
(6) Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
(9) Whosoever is “born of God” doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
If we do not walk in the commandments of Jesus, we are in darkness and under the curse of the Old Testament law of Moses. As we just read, sin is the transgression of the law, or breaking the law of Moses. (1 John 3:4)
In Romans 8:1-4 we are told that if your in Christ Jesus, walking in the Spirit you are not condemned, but if your not walking in the Spirit totally, but your in the Spirit part of the time, and part time in the flesh, you are under the curse of Moses. If we repent when we do things in the flesh, Jesus makes intercession for us, if we ask Him to, but if we sin and don’t ask forgiveness, the curse of the law of Moses comes on us. This is called the chastisement of the Lord to correct us and to make us return to righteousness.
Rom 8:1-4 KJV
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, “condemned sin in the flesh”: (Or, condemns sin in you and me!)
(4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
In Ephesians 2:1-7 we are shown “who we were before our regeneration and also them around us that are not saved yet. We were under the control of the god of this world Satan and full of demons and were by nature the children of wrath, having no peace, or joy and living in fear and rejection and never loved, or never feeling we are loved.
Eph 2:1-7 KJV
(1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, (Satan!) “the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience”:
(3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
(4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
(5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
(6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(6) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
In the book of Galatians we are told that we are under tutors and governors until a time appointed by the Father. These are spiritual tutors and governors that teach us through the Spirit as we yield to the Spirit.
Gal 4:1-9 KJV
(1) Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
(2) But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
(3) Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
(4) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
(5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
(6) And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son “into your hearts”, crying, Abba, Father. (Please Father!)
(7) Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
(8) Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
(9) But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
In Ephesians 4 we are shown the Old nature again and how to take him off, and how to put-on the New-man.
Eph 4:1-32 KJV
(1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
(4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(7) But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
(8) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
(9) (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
(10) He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
(11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
(12) “For the perfecting of the saints”, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
(13) “Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:”
(14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
(17) This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
(18) Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
(19) Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
(20) But ye have not so learned Christ;
(21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
(25) Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
(26) Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
(27) Neither give place to the devil.
(28) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
(29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
(30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
(31) Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
(32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
Eph 5:1-33 KJV
(1) Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
(2) And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
(3) But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
(4) Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
(5) For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
(6) Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
(7) Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
(8) For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
(9) (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
(10) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
(11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
(12) For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
(13) But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
(14) Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
(15) See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
(16) Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
(17) Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
(19) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(21) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
(22) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
(23) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
(24) Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
(25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
(26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
(27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
(28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
(29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
(30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
(31) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
(32) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
(33) Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Also in Colossians 3 we also are told to take off the old man and put on the new manand mortify, or die to the old man.
Col 3:1-25 KJV
(1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
(2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
(3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
(5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
(6) For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
(7) In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
(8) But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
(9) Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
(10) And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
(11) Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
(12) Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
(13) Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
(14) And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
(15) And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
(16) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
(17) And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
(18) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
(19) Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
(20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
(21) Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
(22) Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
(23) And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
(24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
(25) But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
So what is the truth and what is the lie? It is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that we are eating on, but Jesus said, I have overcome, follow me!