Good Spirits-Bad Spirits In Us!
Eph 6:10-24 KJV
(10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
(11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
(12) “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
(13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
(14) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
(15) And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
(16) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
(17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
(18) “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit”, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication “for all saints”; (Living and dead!)
(19) And (Pray!) for me, (Why?) (Paul the apostle speaking!) that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
(20) For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
(21) But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:
(22) Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
(23) Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
(24) Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen. To the Ephesians written from Rome, by Tychicus.
(Father I pray for Paul the apostle, and for Tychicus, and for all the saints in Christ Jesus. I pray that Paul the apostle’s understanding be given to the hearers in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, Amen!)
Isa 11:1-5 KJV
(1) And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, (Jesus Christ!) and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: (Us- The true believers in Christ Jesus!)
(2) And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, “the spirit” of wisdom and understanding, “the spirit” of counsel and might, “the spirit” of knowledge and (the spirit ) of the fear of the LORD;
(3) And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
(4) But with righteousness shall he judge (Spirit of Judgment!) the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
(5) And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
Eph 2:1-3 KJV
(1) And you hath he quickened, (Delivered and made alive!) who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, “the spirit” that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(3) Among whom also “we all” had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were “by nature” the children of wrath, even as others.
In the two scriptures above we see “that there are good spirits and bad spirit that can be in us!” We are born with bad spirits in us and that is why we need to be “born again!” The carnal man is made up of bad spirits that has been passed down to us from our forefathers, and also after we are born we have allowed spirits to come into us by Satan tempting us through our lust and pride.
Jas 1:12-15 KJV
(12) Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
(13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
(14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (Enticed by Satan!)
(15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
The flesh, or our natural way of thinking, has three things that are at war with God, the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. This in scripture is called ”the World!”
1Jn 2:15-17 KJV
(15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
(17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Rom 8:5-8 KJV
(5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
(7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God (Enmity- at war!) for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
If we walk after the flesh, we will always manifest the “Works of the Flesh”, which are evil spirits in us.
Gal 5:17-21 KJV
(17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: “and these are contrary the one to the other”: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
(If we do not have our mind renewed with the Word of God, we will always listen to the evil spirits “in us that speak to our mind!”)
(18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
(19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
(20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
(21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
In the book of John and the book of Romans we are told that we are born sinners. Evil spirits in us have the power to blind us to scriptures that we need to walk in righteousness as Jesus did.
1Jn 2:11 KJV
(11) But he that hateth his brother “is in darkness, and walketh in darkness”, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
(Or, the evil spirit in him has blinded his eyes! This is not only true with the spirit of hate, but with every bad spirit in us!)
Joh 3:18-19 KJV
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned “already”, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(18) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
(The condemnation against us is the life of Jesus Christ according to the Word of God!)
Rom 3:23 KJV
(22) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(The word “ALL” here means everyone born into the world except Jesus Christ, even little babies are sinners in God’s eyes!)
In the law of Moses we are told about evil spirits and the judgment of God upon them.
Lev 20:27 KJV (A familiar spirit)
(27) A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.
Num 5:14 KJV (A jealous spirit)
(14) And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:
Deu 2:30 KJV (A hardened spirit from the Lord)
(30) But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the LORD thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.
1Sa 1:15 KJV (Sorrowful spirit)
(15) And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.
1Sa 16:14-23 KJV (An evil spirit from the Lord)
(14) But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
(15) And Saul’s servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
(16) Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.
(17) And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me.
(18) Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
(19) Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep.
(20) And Jesse took an ass laden with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid, and sent them by David his son unto Saul.
(21) And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armourbearer.
(22) And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Let David, I pray thee, stand before me; for he hath found favour in my sight.
(23) And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.
1Sa 18:10-11 KJV (An evil spirit from God)
(10) And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul’s hand.
(11) And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice.
1Sa 28:7-8 KJV (Familiar spirit)
(7) Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.
(8) And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee.
1Ki 22:20-22 KJV (A lying spirit)
(20) And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
(21) And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
(22) And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do ss.
1Ch 5:26 KJV (A Spirit of strife caused by the Lord)
(25) And the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgathpilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh, and brought them unto Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river Gozan, unto this day.
1Ch 10:13-14 KJV ( A familiar spirit)
(13) So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;
(14) And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.
2Ch 18:19-22 KJV (A lying spirit)
(19) And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.
(20) Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith?
(21) And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.
(22) Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.
2Ch 21:16-17 KJV (The spirit of the Philistines, Arabians)
(16) Moreover the LORD stirred up against Jehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were near the Ethiopians:
(16) And they came up into Judah, and brake into it, and carried away all the substance that was found in the king’s house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was never a son left him, save Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons.
2Ch 33:6-7 KJV (Spirit of enchantments, witchcraft, familiar spirits, spirits of wizards, spirit of idolatry)
(6) And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
(6) And he set a carved image, the idol which he had made, in the house of God, of which God had said to David and to Solomon his son, In this house, and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen before all the tribes of Israel, will I put my name for ever:
Psa 34:18 KJV (Spirit of a contrite heart)
(17) The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 51:10 KJV (Spirit of a right spirit)
(9) Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:17 KJV ( A broken spirit)
(18) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Pro 11:13 KJV (A spirit of a talebearer)
(12) A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
Pro 14:29 KJV (A hasty spirit, One who does not think before he speaks)
(29) He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
Pro 15:4 KJV (A Perverse spirit)
(4) A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
Pro 29:23 KJV (Spirit of pride)
(23) A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
Ecc 1:1-18 KJV (Spirit of vanity, lust, spirit of the pride of much wisdom)
(1) The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
(2) Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
(3) What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?
(4) One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
(5) The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
(6) The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
(7) All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
(8) All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
(9) The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
(10) Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
(11) There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
(12) I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
(13) And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
(14) I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
(15) That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.
(16) I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.
(17) And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
(19) For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Ecc 2:26 KJV ( The spirit of gather, to heap up)
(26) For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.
Ecc 4:4 KJV (the spirit of envy)
(4) Again, I considered all travail, and every right work, that for this a man is envied of his neighbour. This is also vanity and vexation of spirit.
Ecc 6:9 KJV (Spirit of desire, lust of the eye)
(10) Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of the desire: this is also vanity and vexation of spirit.
Ecc 7:7-9 KJV ( A proud spirit, and an angry spirit, and a foolish spirit)
(7) Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad; and a gift destroyeth the heart.
(8) Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
(9) Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.
Ecc 8:6-17 KJV (A wicked spirit and the spirit of death, the spirit of the fear of the Lord, the spirit of mirth)
(6) Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.
(7) For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?
(8) There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
(9) All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.
(10) And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.
(11) Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
(12) Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
(13) But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
(14) There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.
(15) Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.
(16) When I applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes:)
(17) Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.
Isa 4:4 KJV (The spirit of judgment, and the spirit of burning)
(5) When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
Isa 19:1-3 KJV (The spirit of Egypt)
(1) The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
(2) And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
(3) And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.
Isa 19:14-25 KJV (Born with a perverse spirit)
(The Spirit of Judah, Jesus Christ)
(14) The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt (Egypt-the people who do not live for Jesus Christ) to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
(15) Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.
(16) In that day shall Egypt be like unto women: and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the LORD of hosts, which he shaketh over it
(17) And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the LORD of hosts, which he hath determined against it.
(18) In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.
(19) In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
(20) And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
(21) And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
(22) And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.
(23) In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians. (The highway of holiness)
(24) In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
(25) Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
1) Blessed be Egypt “my people”
2) Assyria “the work of my hands
3) Israel “mine inheritance”
(Israel in this passage of scripture is not the natural Israel, but spiritual Israel in Christ Jesus.)
Isa 28:5-6 KJV (The Spirit of glory and the Spirit of Judgment)
(5) “In that day” shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,
(6) And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.
Isa 29:10-14 KJV (The spirit of a sinner in a deep sleep) and (The Holy Ghost)
(10) For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
(11) And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
(12) And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
(13) Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
(13) Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. (This is the Holy Ghost! Not the Holy Spirit!)
(1Co 3:18-21 KJV
(18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
(19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
(20) And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
(20) Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;)
Isa 29:24 KJV (Wrong spirit and a murmuring spirit)
(23) They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
Isa 30:1-3 KJV (A rebellious spirit that puts their trust in the works of men (Pharaoh) and the world-Egypt)
(1) Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
(2) That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!
(3) “Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame”, and “the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion”.
Isa 42:1-4 KJV ( Jesus Christ, God’s servant!)
(1) Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
(2) He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
(3) “A bruised reed shall he not break”, (A bruised reel is a person who is willing to repent and hear what Jesus has to say!) “and the smoking flax shall he not quench”: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. (A smoking flax is a person who is rebellious and will not hear the voice of God!)
(4) He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
Isa 57:15-21 KJV (A humble and contrite spirit)
(15) For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. (Contrite- A person willing to repent)
(16) For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
(17) For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
(18) I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
(19) I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
(20) But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
(21) There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.
Isa 59:21 KJV (God’s covenant to us)
(22) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.
Isa 61:1-11 KJV (What the Spirit of Jesus will do for us!)
(1) The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
(2) To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
(3) To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
(4) And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
(5) And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
(6) But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.
(7) For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
(8) For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
(9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
(10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
(10) For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
Eze 11:16-21 KJV (A promise to us from God!)
(16) Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.
(17) Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. (Spiritual Israel in the Holy Ghost!)
(18) And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
(19) And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
(20) That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
(21) But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 21:1-7 KJV (God casting off natural Israel because of rebellion)
(1) And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
(2) Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
(3) And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
(4) Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north:
(5) That all flesh may know that I the LORD have drawn forth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not return any more.
(6) Sigh therefore, thou son of man, with the breaking of thy loins; and with bitterness sigh before their eyes.
(7) And it shall be, when they say unto thee, Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt answer, For the tidings; because it cometh: and every heart shall melt, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water: behold, it cometh, and shall be brought to pass, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 36:1-38 KJV
(1) Also, thou son of man, prophesy unto the mountains of Israel, and say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD:
(2) Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because the enemy hath said against you, Aha, even the ancient high places are ours in possession:
(3) Therefore prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because they have made you desolate, and swallowed you up on every side, that ye might be a possession unto the residue of the heathen, and ye are taken up in the lips of talkers, and are an infamy of the people:
(4) Therefore, ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD; Thus saith the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, to the desolate wastes, and to the cities that are forsaken, which became a prey and derision to the residue of the heathen that are round about;
(5) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and against all Idumea, which have appointed my land into their possession with the joy of all their heart, with despiteful minds, to cast it out for a prey.
(6) Prophesy therefore concerning the land of Israel, and say unto the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and in my fury, because ye have borne the shame of the heathen:
(7) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I have lifted up mine hand, Surely the heathen that are about you, they shall bear their shame.
(8) But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come.
(9) For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown:
(10) And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:
(11) And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
(12) Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men.
(13) Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because they say unto you, Thou land devourest up men, and hast bereaved thy nations;
(14) Therefore thou shalt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more, saith the Lord GOD.
(15) Neither will I cause men to hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord GOD.
(16) Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
(17) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
(18) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
(19) And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
(20) And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
(21) But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
(22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
(23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
(24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. ( This will be done through the Holy Ghost!)
(25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
(26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
(27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
(28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
(29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
(30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
(31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
(33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
(34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
(35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
(36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
(37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
(38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
(Psa 22:30 KJV
(30) A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
Gal 3:15-28 KJV
(15) Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
(16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
(17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
(18) For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
(19) Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
(20) Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
(21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
(22) But the scripture hath concluded “all under sin”, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
(23) But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
(24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
(25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
(26) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
(27) For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
(27) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.)
Mat 12:24-37 KJV (The spirit of unbelief)
(24) But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
(25) And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
(26) And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
(27) And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
(28) But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
(29) Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
(30) He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
(31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
(32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
(33) Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
(34) O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(35) A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Mar 1:23-28 KJV (An unclean spirit)
(23) And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
(24) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
(25) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.
(26) And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.
(27) And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.
(28) And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the region round about Galilee.
Mar 1:29-31 KJV (The spirit of fever)
(29) And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.
(30) But Simon’s wife’s mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.
(31) And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.
Mar 2:3-12 KJV (The spirit of palsy)
(3) And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
(4) And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
(5) When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
(6) But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
(7) Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
(8) And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
(9) Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
(10) But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
(11) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
(12)And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.
Mar 5:1-20 KJV (The spirit of Legion)
(1) And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
(2) And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
(3) Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
(4) Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
(5) And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
(6) But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
(7) And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
(8) For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
(9) And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
(10) And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
(11) Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
(12) And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
(13) And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
(14) And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
(15) And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
(16) And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
(17) And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
(18) And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
(19) Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
(20)And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.
Mar 9:17-29 KJV (The deaf and dumb and the spirit of unbelief)
(17) And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
(18) And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
(19) He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
(20) And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
(21) And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
(22) And oft times it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
(23) Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
(24) And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
(25) When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
(26) And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
(27) But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.
(28) And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
(29) And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
Luk 4:32-37 KJV (An unclean devil)
(32) And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.
(33) And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,
(34) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.
(35) And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.
(36) And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.
(37) And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round about.
Luk 9:38-42 KJV (An unclean spirit)
(38) And, behold, a man of the company cried out, saying, Master, I beseech thee, look upon my son: for he is mine only child.
(39) And, lo, a spirit taketh him, and he suddenly crieth out; and it teareth him that he foameth again, and bruising him hardly departeth from him.
(40) And I besought thy disciples to cast him out; and they could not.
(41) And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
(42) And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.
Luk 11:13 KJV (The goodness of God)
(14) If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Joh 4:19-26 KJV
(19) The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
(20) Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
(21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
(22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (The natural Jew cannot worship God in the Spirit and truth!)
(25) The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
(26) Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
Joh 6:61-64 KJV (The spirit of unbelief)
(61) When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
(62) What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
(63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 14:15-17 KJV (The key to receiving the Holy Ghost!)
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(64) But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
Joh 15:26-27 KJV (What the Holy Ghost will do, testify of Jesus Christ)
(26) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
(27) And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
Joh 16:13-14 KJV (What the Holy Ghost will do in our life)
(13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(15) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:22-33 KJV
(22) And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
(23) And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
(24) Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
(25) These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
(26) At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
(27) For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
(28) I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
(29) His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
(30) Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
(31) Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
(32) Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
(32) These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Act 16:13-19 KJV (Spirit of devination, or soothsaying)
(13) And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.
(14) And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
(15) And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.
(16) And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
(17) The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
(18) And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
(18) And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,
Act 19:13-20 KJV (Powerless unbelievers)
(13) Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
(14) And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
(15) And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
(16) And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
(17) And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
(18) And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.
(19) Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.
(19) So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.
Rom 1:16-21 KJV (The gospel is in power, not in word only)
(16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 2:28-29 KJV (Who is a true Jew?)
(28) For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
(28) But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Rom 8:3-4 KJV (The condemnation against us)
(3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: (Or, condemned sin in you and me!)
(5) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 11:7-8 KJV (The fate of natural Israel because of unbelief)
(7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
(8) (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
1Co 2:1-5 KJV (Why Paul the apostle came in the Holy Ghost with Power)
(1) And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
(2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
(3) And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
(4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: (Why?)
(6) That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1Co 5:1-13 KJV (The spirit of fornication and prayer)
(1) It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife.
(2) And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
(You have not prayed and asked God to take this person out from your mist.)
(3) For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
(4) In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(5) To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
(6) Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
(7) Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(7) Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(9) I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
(10) Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
(11) But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
(12) For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
(12) But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
1Co 12:3 KJV (No man can call Jesus Lord except by the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues!)
(3) Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
(How do we know we have the Holy Ghost?)
Mar 16:15-20 KJV
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
(18)They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
(19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
(20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Act 10:42-48 KJV (How to know you have the Holy Ghost)
(42) And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
(43) To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
(44) While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
(45) And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(46) For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
(47) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
(48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
2Co 7:1-2 KJV
(1) Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
(2) Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we have defrauded no man.
Gal 4:1-7 KJV (If we are a child in Christ, we are no different than a servent)
(1) Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
(2) But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
(3) Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
(4) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
(5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
(6) And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
(8) Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Eph 3:14-21 KJV (Paul prays for us that we might comprehend what is the breadth, length, and depth, and height of all that is in Christ Jesus and the Love of God which passes knowledge.)
(14) For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(15) Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
(16) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
(17) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
(18) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
(19) And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
(20) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
(21) Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Eph 4:1-24 KJV (Paul encourages us to be in unity in the Spirit so we might help weaker Christians to grow in the Spirit)
(1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
(4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(7) But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
(8) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
(9) (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
(10) He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
(11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
(12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
(13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
(14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
(17) This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
(18) Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
(19) Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
(20) But ye have not so learned Christ;
(21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(22) That ye “put off” concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(23) And that ye “put on” the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
2Th 2:1-12 KJV (The anti-Christ revealed, His name is Wicked, (Verse 8) created after the working of Satan!)
(1) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
(2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
(6) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
(7) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
(8) And then shall that “Wicked” be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
(9) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
(11) And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(13) That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
1Ti 4:1-5 KJV (A warning about the latter times)
(1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
(3) Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
(4) For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
(4) For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
2Ti 2:19-26 KJV ( We are to avoid foolish and unlearned questions knowing they cause strife and a snare of the devil.)
(19) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
(20) But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
(21) If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
(22) Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
(23) But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
(24) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
(25) “In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves’; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
(26) And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
Heb 3:1-19 KJV (There is only one way to enter into God’s rest, through the Holy Ghost and perfection.)
(1) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
(2) Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
(3) For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
(4) For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
(5) And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
(6) But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
(7) Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
(8) Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
(9) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
(10) Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
(11) So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
(12) Take heed, brethren, (A word of warning to us!) lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
(13) But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
(14) For we are made partakers of Christ, “if” we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
(15) While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
(16) For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
(17) But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
(18) And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
(19) So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Heb 4:1-16 KJV
(1) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
(2) For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
(3) For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
(4) For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
(5) And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
(6) Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
(7) Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
(8) For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
(9) There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
(10) For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
(11) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
(12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(13) Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
(14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
(15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
(16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Heb 12:18-29 KJV (We are in the New Jerusalem NOW!)
(18) For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
(19) And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
(20) (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
(21) And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
(22) But ye “are come” unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
(24) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
(25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
(26) Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
(27) And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
(28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
(29) For our God is a consuming fire.